Description: Serves as a senior acquisiton specialist providing cradle to grave contracting support for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
The Senior Acquisition Specialist for this position is primarily an advisor, responsible for managing, planning, organizing, and leading tasks and projects supporting the entire acquisition life-cycle and process, as well as for exceeding client expectations in the quality of all government deliverables.
Reviews and advises on acquisition strategies, documentation, statements of objectives, source selection plans, and business cases that support acquisition decisions for procurements, acquisition business processes, and acquisition support systems. Provides some direct acquisition support for services and supplies, and provides expertise throughout the acquisition life-cycle.
Liaises between Project Managers and contracting staff; coaches operational personnel on procurement processes and development of procurement strategy, best practices, and packages. Develops and reviews policy and related documentation. Shows initiative to solve problems and improve, advance, or enhance acquisition business processes. Anticipates situations and initiates action. Establishes specific strategies and objectives to achieve results and meet goals. Communicates with government personnel, including leaders at all levels, as well as other contractors and other federal agencies. Serves as a role model for JAB's core value system in all interactions, both internally and externally.
* Secret Clearance
* Bachelor's degree
* Minimum Eight years of experience with federal government contracts and subcontracts, as well as knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations and experience in proposal writing
* Experience wth FFP, CPAF and IDIQ contracts
* Experience in cost and pricing
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Ability to work successfully and productively in a team environment or independently with minimum supervision
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Share Point and Outlook)
JAB Solutions (JAB) is a successful, rapidly growing 8(a) and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. We provide a full spectrum of professional and information technology services to our clients in the Federal, state and local government agencies. The company’s objective is to empower our customers to achieve their business goals by delivering high-quality and leading-edge solutions in support of their mission.