Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. We are expanding our team and are looking for subject-matter experts and functional specialists in key areas.
GCS/PSS Inc. is currently seeking a “Senior Accountant” to join our parent company (Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc.) in their corporate accounting-outsourcing group, located in Mclean, Virginia. This is a Direct Hire opportunity.
Job Title: Sr. Accountant – (w/Government Contracting exp. & CostPoint) Direct Hire Position
GCS/PSS, Inc. is actively seeking a Sr. Accountant to join our growing outsourcing - accounting group, located in McLean, VA.
Qualified candidates MUST be familiar with general accounting concepts an able to work in a fast paced environment.
MUST be familiar with CostPoint
Must have a minimum of 5 - 8 years’ work experience in the government contracting industry.
Must have a Degree in Accounting (or) 10 plus years of accounting experience in a government contracting environment.
Must be a US Citizen
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position will be supporting “multiple government contractors” and will require to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Identifies daily activity in bank accounts and records transactions on a daily basis
Reconciles bank accounts for several different corporate entities
Creates and Posts journal entries
Reconciles all Balance Sheet Accounts and maintains proper schedules
Prepares and distribute 1099s to vendors
Tracks and maintains fixed asset ledger
Assists with the preparation of other reports provided to management
Assists with year-end audits
Assists with preparation of month-end financial statements, cash flow statements, budgets
Assists with quarterly and annual tax filings
Some occasional local travel may be required (up to 10%).
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management, and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce
PSS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Experts Engaged in Delivering Their Best - This is the cornerstone of our service-oriented culture and why we seek the best talent to be part of our team! Since 1995, GCS, Inc. has been an award-winning resource for federal agencies and government contractors, developing and delivering innovative solutions to increasingly complex challenges. We are expanding our team and are looking for subject-...matter experts and functional specialists in key areas.
GCS is currently seeking a Mid Level Procurement Specialist w/ Healthcare Commodities experience, to support our client in Washington D.C. in a temp-to-hire role.
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the management of procurement requisitions for health-related products, ensuring that procurement policies and operating procedures are followed in the purchasing of quality assured commodities to target timescales at a competitive price. Responsibilities include market research, preparation and issuance of RFP’s, tenders, purchase orders and negotiations and administration of awards, with a focus on Public Health in developing countries. He/she will act as mentor and procurement knowledge expert to improve overall staff level of performance.
The Procurement Specialist works under the direction of the Procurement Manager for the project.
• Manage the procurement process for a portfolio of developing countries, including international procurement and tendering.
• Facilitate the management of relationships with major suppliers for timely performance of the procurement process in the acquisition of quality assured commodities.
• Work under the direction of the Procurement Manager in the preparation and execution of contract mechanisms, including purchase order and major framework agreements with vendors.
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance Manager on product specifications and other product quality issues, and to ensure that all commodities procured under this contract meet the appropriate USG or Global Fund standards for quality, efficacy and safety or other such appropriate standards.
• Works closely with Supply Delivery Coordinator to ensure products get delivered in accordance with PO terms and conditions.
• Adhere to established procurement policies and standard operating procedures. May assist in developing or modifying standard operating procedures.
• Perform procurement duties in a transparent and ethical manner.
• Work in a multi-cultural and multi-language environment to conduct international procurement activities.
• Identify issues with day-to-day procurement process and proactively resolve them and/or communicating them to management in a timely manner, as needed.
• Procure health laboratory goods and equipment in compliance with donor regulations, end user requirements, and appropriate procedures and standards of ethical procurement.
• As applicable, ensure that tendering, procurement, and contract management is open and transparent, in compliance with USAID & FAR regulations, and international best practice.
• Mentor and train junior staff to bring the overall level of performance up for the entire staff.
• Monitor systems and trends to assure work is accurate and staff is maintaining work flow and accuracy.
• Clarify specifications with client/technical specialists to fully understand requirement.
• Identify sources to meet specification using international sources.
• Ensure all commodities meet quality standards and pass GF/USG/FDA tests of Quality, Efficacy and Safety.
• Adhere to the ‘request for waiver’ process as necessary.
• Contribute to Registration database, appraise supplier performance and manage the relationship with suppliers.
• Lead supplier performance evaluations and reviews to improve overall supplier performance.
• Prepare and issue tender documents.
• Manage the Bid evaluation process by evaluating tenders taking into consideration relevant criteria and ability to comply with terms and conditions.
• Make recommendation and confirm order with the client as appropriate.
• Negotiate price reductions with suppliers where appropriate.
• Review the initial work of bid preparation by junior procurement staff and assist as necessary.
• Resolve bid challenges in accordance with the Standard Operation Procedures.
• Conduct contract administration and management.
• Prepare contract/purchase order.
• Liaise with supplier and Shipping and Delivery Coordinator as necessary to ensure timely collection from suppliers, shipping and delivery.
• Review supplier invoices to ensure expeditious payment.
• Resolve post contract complaints and issues.
• Mentor other buyers in contracts development and execution.
• Maintain a positive on-going relationship with the client and all stakeholders, keeping them informed, responding to needs and developing solutions.
• Liaise with clients and vendors as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is required.
• Professional procurement qualification highly desirable.
• 4-6 years related procurement experience and 2 plus years of Healthcare Commodities exp.
• Extensive knowledge of USG procurement regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) desired.
• Excellent communication and project management skills.
• Fluency in English is required; bilingual or multilingual ability preferred.
• Legal ability to work in the United States is required.
• Notable related work experience in the procurement of goods and services within a USG contractor environment.
• Prior experience designing and preparing USAID or similar donor solicitations and proposals.
• Demonstrated work history conducting contract administration and associated management duties.
• Related experience procuring medical commodities, health goods, and/or pharmaceuticals using USAID /US Federal Acquisition Regulations preferred.
• Experience working in multi-cultural teams along with proven ability to successfully motivate and mentor colleagues.
• Overseas work experience is a plus!
• Prior project management experience preferred.
• Knowledge of procuring goods for developing countries desired.
• Must demonstrate personal attributes such as loyalty and integrity in addition to being determined and thorough, which is inherent in this position.
GCS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.