Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed hospital offering a full range of healthcare services including emergency services, accredited chest pain and heart failure programs, neurology and neurosurgery, outpatient imaging, a nationally accredited surgical weight loss program, total joint program, spine program and stroke center (recognized with Gold Seal designations by The Joint Commission), robotic surgery, GI lab, a free-standing women's center, inpatient rehabilitation facility, wound care center, five urgent care facilities, and three ambulatory surgery centers. NMC also has several affiliated physician practices including Northwest Allied Physicians offering primary care and a wide range of specialists, Desert Cardiology of Tucson, Heart Center of Southern Arizona and Northwest Heart & Vascular. NMC is accredited by The Joint Commission and is an equal opportunity employer: race, gender, disability and Veteran status, and VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Summary: Performs patient care activities under the supervision of a provider. May assist providers with medical office procedures.
1. Maintains established policies, procedures and service standards including those that govern confidentiality, objective, quality assurance program, risk management/safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Greets and assigns patients to appropriate rooms. Instructs patients on necessary paperwork and procedures. Plans, organizes and supports the care of patients, families and visitors in outpatient setting.
3. Assists provider with medical office procedures, such as wound dressing, suture removal, injections, UA dips, EKG, holter monitors, and other applicable office procedure depending on specialty.
4. Assist with processing prescription refills via ERX, Fax or phone. Appropriately fills requested for medication samples per practice samples inventory policy.
5. Possess computer skills and applications, as required for each individual practice and specialty. Documents patient care in practice EHR including correspondence and required reports, maintains logs and records as assigned.
6. May be required to perform triage duties, as defined by practice, this may include reporting test result to the patient and/or phone triage, under the direction of a certified care giver i.e. RN, F-NP, PA or Physician.
7. May be required to pre-register patients, schedule appointments, coordinate referrals, and verifies insurance eligibility, photocopy information, scan/file information, and answer the telephone, take messages, and directs calls
Education: High School diploma/GED or equivalent experience and graduation from a certified/accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
Experience: Six (6) months experience in a medical practice setting preferred, or completion of externship program at NMC (or its Affiliates) site(s).
Skills: Answering telephones; Maintaining filing systems, office manuals, logs and records; Scheduling appointments, coordinating referrals; Medical office procedures: wounds dressing, suture removals, charting, injections, obtaining pre-authorization and EKG. Oral/written communication.
About Northwest Medical Center & Oro Valley Hospital
Northwest Medical Center is a 300-bed community hospital with comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services, ranging from emergency to cardiac, critical care, labor & delivery and beyond. We are nationally accredited in several areas including stroke, chest pain, heart failure and joint and spine surgery. Our mission is to provide the communities we serve with high-quality cost... effective and safe health care.
For Oro Valley:
Oro Valley Hospital has been nationally recognized for its quality care including designation as a Chest Pain Center, NICHE, PEDS "Pediatric Prepared", Primary Stroke Center, STEMI Receiving Center and Trauma Level IV. That coupled with a beautiful hospital in a scenic location makes Oro Valley Hospital an exceptional place to work.