GENERAL MANAGER – COLORADO RIVER SEWAGE SYSTEM JOINT VENTURE, PARKER, AZ
Parker, Arizona, the county seat of La Paz County, Arizona, is located on the banks of the Colorado River. Water sports, fishing, hunting, golf, and off-road activities bring many visitors to the area. While a tourist destination community, Parker is also home to about 3,000 people. Major employers include The Colorado River Indian Tribes, Parker Unified School District, La Paz Regional Hospital, Parker Indian Health Services Hospital, The BlueWater Resort and Casino, WalMart, and several governmental agencies. Competent and professional law enforcement and fire fighters serve the Parker community as well. Additionally, brisk economic development activities are guided by local leaders.
The Colorado River Sewage System Joint Venture (JV) is seeking candidates for the position of General Manager. Under the direction and supervision of the Board of Directors, an employee of this class is expected to exercise a high degree of independence, initiative, and professional expertise in managing, administering and supervising all operations of the operation.
1. Overseeing JV’s 1.2 MGD wastewater treatment facility for proper operation and regulatory compliance;
2. Overseeing JV’s extensive collection system for proper operation and regulatory compliance;
3. Overseeing JV’s proper residual solids handling and disposal for regulatory compliance;
4. Managing JV’s tertiary treatment wetlands for proper operation and regulatory compliance;
5. Complying with EPA and ADEQ monitoring and reporting requirements, guided by JV’s NPDES;
6. Managing and supervising all JV employees, contractors, and consultants;
7. Enforcing Federal, State, and local rules and regulations governing JV activities and keeps informed of regulation changes;
8. Developing and evaluation comprehensive training programs for JV employees;
9. Developing and evaluation comprehensive safety training programs for JV employees;
10. Compiling technical and statistical data, and preparing comprehensive written reports;
11. Assisting with, and recommending, short and long-range planning associated with future need;
12. Performing as liaison between Town and Tribal Departments, other utilities, contractors, engineering firms, and other agencies as required;
13. Negotiating and securing consulting services when necessary;
14. Reviewing and recommending improvements and extensions of CRSSJV’s sewage collection system proposed by developers, and monitoring improvement and extension adherence to CRSSJV rules, regulations, policies, and Master Plan.
Candidates should possess or have the ability to obtain within one year Arizona Grade IV Wastewater Treatment and Arizona Grade IV Wastewater Collections certifications. Candidates should possess or have the ability to obtain Central Data Exchange credentials and netDMR credentials by hire date. CRSSJV offers a comprehensive health benefits package including Arizona State Retirement, and a great salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. All applicants must submit a completed CRSSJV Employment Application, Supplemental Questionnaire (if requested), and Resume.
Application/Supplemental Questionnaire available on request at email@example.com. Complete application packages must be received no later than May 31, 2018. Submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to CRSSJV, 12501 West End Agency Road, Parker, AZ 85344
About Colorado River Sewage System Joint Venture
The Colorado River Sewage System Joint Venture is a small wastewater utility located along the Colorado River in Parker, Arizona.