Summary: The Document Systems Analyst designs, develops and maintains workflows, custom applications and processes, and electronic content management applications. Performs various high-level functions in support of furthering the enterprise wide document management initiative for the Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Be involved in the planning and implementation of a new systems and customizations.
* Leading interviews and developing requirements documents to support business process automation and back-file conversion projects.
* Developing work plans and application work process flows for assigned projects.
* Supervising temporary employees on a project basis.
* Position will serve as tier 2 support for processes and workflows.
* Position will act as back-up administrator for electronic document management system and must be able to translate customer requirements into an effective work plans.
* Create and deploy customer facing web forms for data and document capture.
* Work with outside vendors and contractors on issue resolution and design consultation.
* Importantly, this position serves as team lead on the daily mission critical processes, ensuring unit protocols are followed, and serves as unit supervisor in absence, unavailability of unit manager.
* Conducts needs analyses and feasibility studies for administrative computing systems in user offices; serves as interface between users, vendors, university staff including providing assistance throughout the acquisition process and assisting in the selected application implementation.
* Implements best practice methodologies for identifying, gathering, and documenting processes, business needs, and requirements.
* Writes supporting documentation and implements appropriate production procedures.
* Provides consulting services to administrative users, and acts as resource for supported software.
* Reports progress to users, colleagues and management through formal written communications including written documentation and operating instructions for users.
* Performs analysis and coordinates activities in support of user project teams engaged in major administrative systems development.
* Conducts workshops for technical and administrative users.
* Assesses and implements user needs and coordinates implementation of required accesses.
* Configures, implements and tests applications.
* Analyzes and tests system upgrades to validate requirements.
* Monitors application architecture including software, hardware, network, and data activity.
* Performs analysis and coordination activities in support of projects, provides project leadership and keeps current on project technology.
* May include other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties * Serves as unit supervisor in absence, unavailability of unit manager.
* Daily, lead training of new, temporary, or re-assigned staff, and may coordinate and direct activities of other unit staff as needed.
* Evaluate trained staff competence or need for re-training.
* The incumbent must know the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the school/division.
* Incumbent must be sensitive to the interrelationship of both people and functions within the department.
Work Planning / Project Duties:
* Manage recurring and ad-hoc customer projects (develop project timelines, estimate budgets, staffing requirements).
* Negotiate with and advise DAR customers on project scope and components to reach desired results.
* New forms development, business process and process application development, Back-file conversion.
* Collaborate with management team in the determination and establishment of departmental priorities, policies, and procedures.