NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Director, IT Research Administration.
The Director, Research Administration Information Technology, under the supervision of the Senior Director, Medical Center IT Research within the Medical Center IT (MCIT) Department, and in close collaboration with the Administrative Informatics team in the Office of Science and Research, is accountable for realizing the potential of information technology within the administration of biomedical science at NYU Langone Medical Center (NYULMC). To this end the Director is responsible for ensuring alignment between the business domain and MCITs strategic direction, managing the relationships between the domain and MCIT, and product oversight within the domain of research administration. NYULMC is a pioneer in the integration of systems across the clinical, research and education systems. The Director will work intensively with business stakeholders, and liaise with vendors and in-house software engineers, project managers and business analysts to maintain NYULMCs position as a leader in this space via the continued development and maintenance of a centralized, integrated and interoperable suite of technology solutions for the administration of the institutions research mission.
- Optimize IT investments and return on assets for the administration of NYULMCs research mission; ensure efficient and consistent delivery of interoperable, high-quality, secure research administration solutions.
- Oversee the continued development and maintenance of centralized, integrated systems for the administration of the science mission at NYULMC, including Sponsored Programs Administration (Grants), the Office of Clinical Research Support, the Institutional Review Board, the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee, the Division of Comparative Medicine, the Institutional Biosafety Committee, and other related groups and activities.
- Oversee the continued development and maintenance of interoperability interfaces between research administration and enterprise systems in the Medical Center.
- Lead a growing team of FTEs and contractors.
- Develop and manage relationships with leadership in research and MCIT, end-user groups, project management and business analysis teams, and vendors.
- Work with leadership and governance groups to plan and document a strategic vision for IT support of research administration at NYULMC.
- Leverage MCIT services that are shared across domains (QA, data center, middleware, help desk, etc.) to implement the vision.
- Refine and oversee the governance structure for administrative information technology at NYULMC.
- Communicate project status to appropriate sponsors and stakeholders, including reasons why something is succeeding or failing.
- Create a culture of innovation through involvement and engagement.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or in Business with an information technology focus.
- Minimum 9-11 years of experience in progressively responsible IT leadership positions.
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and in budget; able to scale up or down project/program size as required by the business.
- Skilled communicator; able to convey complex technical ideas in clear business language. Able to influence and lead in a highly matrixed and collaborative business environment.
- Team player that will help create a positive team environment.
- Master's degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Familiarity with systems used to administer biomedical research, especially Click, preferred but not essential.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.