Mid-Level Contract Administrator
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, prepare and present terms and conditions from proposals awarded to be shared in Kick-off meeting
- Responsible for review and final execution (after approval authorization) of Subcontracts/Consultant Agreements, Task Order Documents, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, etc.
- Knowledge of all acquisition matters to include implementation of contract policies and procedures
- Assist with negotiation and award functions, and other ancillary functions arising from the procurement process
- Review and administer the terms and conditions of contracts, including review and preparation of contract modifications, evaluation of performance under the contract, and contract termination
- Analyze proposed prices or costs, including such aspects as tracking subcontractor/consultant costs versus award funding
- Review efficiency and evaluating methods of allocating cost through various types of contracts and subcontracts
- Participate in contract reviews and contract team discussions with contract management, program team, finance team, and others as necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Must be able to obtain a current, active Secret security clearance
- Demonstrated experience within US Government (DoD) acquisition policy and procedures relative to contract support
- Experience negotiating and awarding contracts, contract modifications, and/or subcontracts
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills required
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Adobe, Deltek, etc. required
- Pre-award support and post-award support. Prepare appropriate documentation for contract modifications, including the exercise of options, draft documents for teammates, etc.
- Monitor contractor performance, including schedules, deliverables, reports, and milestones. Monitor contractor compliance with terms of the contract.
- Able to identify potential contract issues and/or problems with suggested solutions
- Bachelor’s degree; preferred major in or 24 semester equivalent hours in either accounting, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, or management.
- Must possess a minimum of 8 years of specialized experience within federal contracting
- Adequate and extensive knowledge in the area of Federal Acquisitions. This includes knowledge of the FAR, DFARs, and other
- Shall possess in depth knowledge and working experience in complex acquisitions.
Key Personality Attributes Required:
- Sense of ownership.
- Loyalty & long work tenure with prior organizations.
- Sense of urgency.
- Sense of pride in work product.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High degree of personal motivation for success.
- Positive attitude – demonstrating an ultimate desire to fulfill organizational objectives through complete customer satisfaction.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.