| The successful candidate will be responsible for serving as a senior resource for the direction of work activities in negotiating, contracting, bidding, RFPs, RFIs, and the development, review and approval of Contract Terms and Conditions. |
Additional duties include:
1. Develop, negotiate, execute and administer vendor contracts, minimizing need for legal review.
2. Facilitate and effectively communicate steps for product conversion and standardization of products/services and ensure proper and timely processing of RFPs, bids, group contract awards, insurance, autos, leasing, contracting asset management and registrations.
3. Collaborate with interdepartmental staff and managers, medical faculty, resident staff, research/principal investigator/scientific community members, vendors, contractors, and related committees to identify material and service needs, solve problems, educate and promote good practices and improve work processes.
4. Lead, prepare information, and facilitate meetings among staff, physicians, directors, researchers, administrators, officers, and other external participants for special projects.
5. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of healthcare and educational trends surrounding research, funding technology and general business practices.
6. Provide mentoring, leadership, training, and clear work direction for Buyers and Contract Specialists.
7. Lead initiatives and respond to technology changes within the MMIS.
8. Bid, negotiate and award RFIs and RFPs including analysis of complex proposals and agreements.
9. Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures related to Purchasing, Finance, Consulting, HIPAA, Pennsylvania Laws, NIH, and Lawson Software. Engage in facility expansion projects to include participation in planning meetings, provide budget estimates for equipment and supplies, develop logistics plans for receipt, storage and accounting of merchandize requiring interaction with architects, engineers, equipment planners and project managers.
10. Work with Financial liaisons to analyze and evaluate lease vs. purchase capital options to maximize institution return on investment. Assist with quarterly scheduling of capital purchases.
11. Understand current government regulations and requirements for contracting, solicitation for services, goods, awarding bids, offers, and contracts, including a thorough understanding of legal terms and conditions, software licensing, indemnification and risk of loss terminology.