This person will function as a liaison between Cree technical staff, Government clients and other Cree internal offices such as Accounting, Purchasing, Legal and Shipping/Receiving. The main duties tie with functioning as the Subcontract Administrator, the Government Property Administrator and the Small Business Liaison Officer (SBLO).
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
In this role, the person will be able to contribute daily to areas which help make a difference for Cree as a government contractor. The three aspects to this role present a unique opportunity to be involved with different areas of contract administration while learning more about Federal contract work.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Responsible for subcontract administration which will include sending post award packets, ensuring deliverables are met, drafting subcontract modifications, review and processing of subcontractor invoices and monitoring subcontractor costs.
- Participate in submission of proposals by preparing subcontracting plans, gathering supporting documentation, and completing standard forms, as needed.
- Coordinate with technical staff to ensure timely completion of public release requests and submit to the government for approval.
- Complete Representations and Certifications for signature by Contracts Manager.
- Track submission of contract deliverables.
- Review monthly reports issued by Accounting to support Program Managers, pull data for job summaries.
- Work with PM/PI’s and accounting to use reports provided by accounting to draft financial components of technical reports and complete fiscal reporting requirements, as requested.
Government Property Administrator:
- Liaison responsible for the retention, administration, including the surveillance and control of Government property.
- Work with technical staff but be responsible for property management and control related to the physical existence, custody, maintenance, safeguard, usage and disposition of Government property and have limited focus on cost analysis of contract financial records.
- Conduct physical inventories, self assessments, and Government reporting associated with all property and material.
- Ensure property procedures are updated as needed, provide staff training and ensure compliance.
- Handle Government audits and interactions with Government officials.
Small Business Liaison Officer:
- Administer Small Business Subcontracting plan.
- Prepare and revise applicable Small Business program policies and procedures.
- Attend small business events each year and work with potential new vendors.
- Coordinate with Defense Contract Management Command in regard to Small Business Programs, audits, reports, and individual subcontracting plans goal efforts.
- Coordinate annual vendor certifications from vendors on Cree’s approved supplier list.
What you need for success:
- U.S. citizen
- B.S. or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain a secret clearance
- Strong Project Management skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and ability to work with numbers, analyze, and multi-task are crucial
- Strong organizational skills
- Diligent on follow-up and resolving problems
- Good communication skills, both written and oral
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with Federal Contracting Regulations
- Knowledge of financial or accounting related terms and applications
- PC experience – Excellence in Excel, Word and Powerpoint (experience with Microsoft Project is desirable)