CSArch is currently seeking a Senior Architect / Project Manager (Technical) with a minimum of 10 years of experience to join our team in our Westchester, NY office.
Rooted in education design, CSArch provides a collaborative environment which supports innovation and creativity, allowing each team member to contribute to the design process. We are committed to professional development and continual advancement and firmly believe that there is opportunity for anyone with talent, initiative and foresight to reach any level in our organization.
With opportunities to work on teaching and learning environments for great clients, preference may be given to a candidate with strong K-12 and higher education experience who exhibits a true passion for education architecture and understands that the work we do has a tremendous effect on staff and client satisfaction, student outcome, and the community at large.
The Senior Project Architect is primarily responsible for the technical and production aspects for all project sizes, including projects of the highest complexity, from conceptual design through construction closeout, and may also have design responsibilities if skill is exhibited.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
1. Leads in-house design team through development of design and construction documentation process. Likely responsible for multiple projects at one time based on project size. Could also provide support on larger project teams.
2. Develops and coordinates with consultants to produce construction documents.
3. Oversees code compliance with applicable codes, standards and guidelines. Informs, directs and trains project architects with less experience and interns relative to these.
4. Develops and coordinates technical specifications. Coordinates with Project Manager, Construction Manager, Client, and/or government agency relative to front end specification documents.
5. Leads development of, then adheres to and implements, corporate contract documentation procedures and standards as they best apply.
6. Responsible for all aspects of construction administration including but not limited to shop drawing/submittal review and coordination, attending project meetings, periodic monitoring of construction sites, interfacing with contractors and clients.
7. Supports project management with development of staffing, fee, budget estimating and project scheduling.
8. Assures that Quality Control procedures are being met at all levels
9. Will supervise technical project staff of various sizes and skill levels.
Bachelor's or Masters of Architect
Minimum 10 Years Experience as a Licensed Architect
Excellent communication skills; detail oriented; highly organized; self-motivated; able to exercise independent judgment, multi-task, delegate, plan, set goals, meet critical deadlines, be accurate, work under pressure; conflict resolution/negotiation skills; team building and leadership skills; computer skills: Proficient in basics Revit and Autocad; MS Office proficient; use of Adobe products; Expedition; Submittal Exchange
ARCHITECTURE | ENGINEERING | CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT At CSArch, we believe buildings are a legacy from one generation to the next. Rooted in over 25 years of education industry expertise, our design work unites communities by inspiring individuals of all ages in PK-12, college and university, corporate, and civic + institutional environments.We bring in-house professionals in architecture, ME...P engineering, construction management, and energy services to every project, combining experience with a collaborative process that leads to long-lasting relationships and impactful designs.