Site Safety and Security Specialist-1901292 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine 2019 as one of America's Best Employers. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Site Safety and Security Specialist (1901292) – Middle Georgia
Where the Chemistry Happens
BASF's Middle Georgia site is distributed across four plants and three milling operations covering 38,000 acres. The site mines, processes, and distributes Kaolin to customers around the world. The site is made up of roughly 450 employees plus 250 contractors.
We are seeking a professional like you to manage security programs in support of the Middle Georgia site security plans. In this role, you will develop, implement, coordinate and maintain security operations plans and processes (in accordance with governing regulations ad policies) at the direction of the Site Safety and Security. You will serve as a subject matter expert on security-related matters to the site.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your education and professional security experience, you will serve as the Site Security Representative including the Site Information Officer, G4S Site Security Team Manager, GAPS, Fire Suppression systems, and ADT. You will conduct routine, scheduled, and recurring security program reviews in accordance with the annual site security activity plan (SSAP), coordinate security program efforts such as; Workplace Violence Prevention, Information Protection, New Employee Orientation, Logistics Security., and direct & assist in development & presentation of required safety training; specifically, MSHA, Forklift, and DOT.
· As the site's information protection officer (IPO), you will develop & maintains documentation within the security function at the site, oversee security incident reporting & follow up on incidents, generates reports, and analyzes reports. You will manage change processes in accordance with site and company procedures, report incidents via Ethics Point as required, complete Annual Review SSP & modification for changes IAW regulatory requirement, and maintain the security management documentation files on the Share-Drive.
· As a subject matter expert, you will manage the security guard force implementation of procedures & instructions, manage the security officer training program, and manage Contractor programs in compliance with BASF policies and procedures including screening, bidding, hiring, and follow-up to ensure programming needs are met.
· Your commitment to compliance will be essential as you develop and deliver employee and contractor security awareness campaigns and briefings, develop and implement site security Drills, Training, and Penetration Testing in accordance with SSAP, hold oversight of loss prevention programs, and plan & coordinate security support of turnarounds, and site projects.
· Your superior interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills will be essential as you prepare a Security Weekly Report in accordance with guidelines, performs monthly Badge & ID reconciliation, prepare for & assist with Responsible Care compliance audits, perform action to support emergency response as needed, and conduct investigations as required. Knowledge of MSHA/OSHA regulations, NEC, EPA, EPD, Industrial Health, Site Security, and ACC/RCMS will be considered an asset.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.
BACK TO TOP
NAGC Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NAGC has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at NAGC Career Center.