The Center for Autonomous and Robotic Systems (CARS) at Boston University is seeking its first Assistant Director. The Assistant Director will partner with the CARS Director to develop and implement CARSs research operations and administrative vision and infrastructure. This individual will work closely with the Director of CARS towards developing all aspects of the organization while interacting with faculty and staff across Boston University, government granting agencies, and other CARS stakeholders and collaborating entities.
More specifically, the Assistant Director will be responsible for the effective organization of the Centers administrative and research operations to support the Centers mission and objectives, including research, financial and administrative operations, and shared facilities. The Assistant Director will also be responsible for identifying funding opportunities, developing collaborations, and overseeing the Centers communications.
Qualifications and requirements:
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred. A degree in Engineering or Science preferred, and an advanced degree in business administration is a plus
* Demonstrated experience in establishing new organizations, new ventures, or institutions
* Experience in building and working with interdisciplinary teams
* Previous research operations experience desired
* Record of leadership with an ability to build and foster strong professional relationships across Boston University and beyond
* Strong communication and organizational skills
* Must be a dedicated, independent, and innovative team player
* Five to eight years of related experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Internal Number: 6780
About Boston University
Boston University is no small operation. With over 33,000 undergraduate and graduate students from more than 140 countries, 10,000 faculty and staff, 16 schools and colleges, and 250 fields of study, our two campuses are always humming.